Synthetic grasses can have varying sizes, and usually, this also determines the indications for use for them. Consisting of a permeable black plastic base, the threads imitate the grass and are attached to that base, made of polyethylene, polypropylene, or nylon. Decorative synthetic grass usually has a height between 25 and 30mm.
- Synthetic Grass 12mm – Fibrillated: This is one of the most-used grass in playgrounds and decorative areas, such as gardens. Buildings and condominiums usually request this model of lawn due to its low maintenance and ease of application. Also, it guarantees safety for children to play without worry. Another interesting point of this grass is that it has a beautiful and soft aesthetic effect, also ideal for pets’ environments.
- Grass 17mm – Fibrillated: Like the 12mm model, this grass is also fibrillated. Besides, it has flame protection, antibacterial treatment, and exceptional protection against UV rays. It is considered one of the most resistant types of lawn on the market and is ideal for high-impact areas, such as gyms, events, playgrounds, a training center for pets, among others.
- 20mm Grass – Flat Ribbon: This model is almost twice the size of 12mm synthetic grass. It has a more elongated size, which requires specific application techniques. Even so, maintenance costs are low, and it can absorb impacts, being possible to apply them both indoors and outdoors.
- Grass 30mm – bicolor: This is the largest size of synthetic garden grass. It has a design similar to natural grass, with large threads and in two greenish tones. It is an excellent option for those seeking naturalness in their landscaping project, both at home and in apartments.
Synthetic Grass Options
Currently, there are synthetic grasses with one or two colors. The more colors, the more realistic it concerns natural grass since the mixture of colors in shades of green with the straw color resembles the dry aspect present in the natural lawn. The options available in Living green for installation in homes and other commercial facilities are:
- Fibrillated Synthetic Grass: this type of grass has strands with scratches along its entire length, which give the appearance of fibers. Because it looks more like natural leaves, it looks more like real grass.
- Crimp Synthetic Grass: this grass has twisted threads that make it more compact, so it is often used on football fields or other places where physical exercises are performed. The main advantage is that the twisted wires prevent the wires from tangling in the boot or being pulled while running.
- Flat Ribbon Synthetic Grass: in this category are grasses with smooth threads, without fibers, and not twisted. Its width is more significant than “soft” wires, so it has a less light look and less like natural grass.