Very little details matter a lot when looking for the elements for your home, your choice could either make or can break the entire interior décor. PVC skirting boards are made from plastic as its name indicates and recently many people have switched to use this skirting rather than wooden one. PVC skirting are long lasting materials providing you with a high-quality finish to your space. They fill in the gaps between the wall and the floor. It provides you with a reliable and perfect function, attire enhancing your space beauty.
The molding and designing of these PVC skirting boards are much easier and can easily be crafted out keeping in mind the interior of the house. With the quality of being painted quite precisely, this skirting can come out with a variety of amazing colors, unique styles and designs. There are different types of PVC skirting which are as follow,
- Sanitary PVC skirting
If you have light furniture in the room or you handle goods manually which will not cost any effort in shifting them then the best choice is the sanitary PVC skirting. They are easy to install.
- Heavy duty sanitary PVC skirting
With heavier equipment or furniture of with heavy foot traffic the best option is to prefer heavy duty sanitary PVC skirting for the space. This type is more resistant to stronger impacts.
To enhance the look of your interior, you must know the pros of these PVC skirting.
- Plastic is not susceptible to splitting or woodworm as of with the real wood. This makes PVC skirting a choice to consider.
- PVC skirting is easy to clean and requires no maintenance, as they are moisture resistant and easily withstand areas with high humidity with long duration and with no replacements.
- PVC skirting is safe from all the cons of the wooden skirting, that is they do not split, wrap or get infested with worms.
- PVC skirting is cost efficient, that is it is cheaper from the wood and you get the attractive designs easily. Also, wooden profiles are available in this skirting option at less cost.
- PVC skirting is easier to install, all you require is a good building adhesive to start.
- When chosen PVC skirting boards, it has smooth surfaces to reduce sanding when repainting is required.
- ● These PVC skirting boards are easy to install as compared to the wooden ones. All it requires is a standard adhesive. By using vacuum and mopping, it is easy to keep these clean, so they do not need any maintenance.
- Having a smooth surface as compared to the wooden skirting boards, PVC skirting is quite suitable for re painting, and can easily match in with your room’s theme.
- This skirting is also best suitable for areas where moisture is present such as the bathroom, because PVC skirting does not interact with moisture, which is not the case with the wooden ones, thus providing a long duration of function, attractive and fresh look.