According to a study by Safe Kids Worldwide, 3.5 million children are hospitalized every year due to injuries that they get from their own homes. We all know the kitchen is not a playground, but sometimes our kids’ curiosity gets the best of us. Here are the best tips you can do for your kitchen to make it safe for your kids
- Keep your knives and other sharp utensils in the upper cabinets. Kids and even toddlers can open those cupboards, so make sure that there are no harmful objects within reach.
- Make sure that the kitchen floor is clean and dry. Mop any water leaks or food crumbs to avoid slipping.
- Put away electrical appliances after use. Pay attention to your kitchen’s network and invest in outlet covers to prevent your kids from sticking in their fingers.
- Install safety locks especially if your upper cabinets don’t have enough room.
- Educate your children. Communicating with your kids is still one of the most effective ways to teach them kitchen precautions.
For more on these tips, here is an infographic by Mr. Cabinet Care. If you are from California and would want your kitchen remodeled, here are some services for kitchen remodeling in Coto de Caza, CA. If you are looking for cabinets, then here are some kitchen cabinets in Coto de Caza.